The Lollipop Cloud project is fully self-hosted. We are using the software, tools and environments that we recommend to others for hosing our public and private infrastructure.
We like transparency, this is our report.
Our Gitea instance (link) (git sources) hosts code for everything. Web site source code, Dockerfiles, documentation on how to deploy a Lollipop Cloud. EVERYTHING.
We have deployed Fathom for website analytics (open source Google Analytics). We have 2 instances deployed: one instance for our main website and one instance for our Gitea instance. If you’d like to see our analytics, we’ve included links and login details below.
Please note: Fathom respects “Do Not Track”.
Our public facing infrastructure is running munin for resource utilization monitoring. We use this information to gauge our headroom, what services are going to be more problematic on smaller ARM boards as well as how much vertical scaling this project may be able to achieve.
If you’re interested in what our resource usage is for a public project you can view the munin stats and graphs here (link).
The infrastructure and software that runs the lollipopcloud.solutions website and services.
- Scaleway Paris data center
- ARM64-2GB instance
- 4 core ARM VPS with 2Gb ram
- 64bit arm (aarch64/arm64v8)
- ipv4 and ipv6 enabled
Bare Metal Setup
- Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial)
- Borg backups
- Chrony (ntp)
Containers / Services
- fathom (2 instances)
We run a small LAN for building our Docker images, Armbian images, backups and similar. Below are the details of the hardware and software we have deployed. This is NON public infrastructure that the core Lollipop team members manage.
Over time we may increase visibility into these systems and services but for now we have passwords and other private information that cannot be exposed without compromising the integrety of our systems.
- Simple 8 port switch
- Orange Pi R1 with OpenWRT as basic router / VPN endpoint
- Orange Pi PC Plus to run builds of 64 bit software/containers
- Orange Pi PC to run builds of 32 bit software/containers
- Intel Compute Stick (x86) to run Jenkins and Armbian builds
- O-Droid HC2
- NAS for backups (borg/rclone)
- Docker container mirroring (hub and lollipop specific)
- Scaleway VPS for running a VPN server to tie all servers and LANs together