Lollipop Project Code of Conduct
This is a snapshot of our Code of Conduct as of
2018/07/31. A current version can always be found in our documentation sources here (link).
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to make participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion (or lack thereof), or sexual orientation.
We invite all those who participate in the Lollipop Project to join us in creating a safe, welcoming, and positive experience for everyone.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language, including community members’ personal pronouns
- Being kind
- Showing consideration for other community members
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person or marginalized group
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks, particularly those directed towards marginalized groups or identities
- Public or private harassment, stalking, or intimidation
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission (“doxing”)
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate or harmful in a collaborative setting
Project maintainers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Project maintainers are held to a higher standard than other community members. If a maintainer creates an inappropriate situation, they should expect less leeway than others.
This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing the project or its community. Examples of representing a project or community include using an official project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of a project may be further defined and clarified by project maintainers.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org or other communication means listed on the Lollipop Project contact page. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The project team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Project maintainers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the project’s leadership.
In this community we strive to go the extra step to look out for each other. Don’t aim to be technically unimpeachable, try to be your best self. In particular, avoid being deliberately hurtful or offensive; this all too often leads to unnecessary fights, hurt feelings, and damaged trust; worse, it can drive people away from the community entirely.
We are here to build an open, welcoming, and forgiving environment. We strive to ensure members can learn, grow, and contribute to a great project.